Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Happy Couple



I love summer! I love being outside and the heat. I love cooking outside. I LOVE grilling...love it! Have you ever had peppers and onions on brats? When Superman introduced me to it several years ago I thought it sounded awful....until I tried it...the bursting sweetness of the caramelized veggies paired with the salty savory meat, is a beautiful match-up. Another great thing about it is that you can choose healthy options of it too. Choose a good brat...low fat, low sodium and no added junk. I have found these amazing buffalo brats. Buffalo or bison meat is an extremely lean and very flavorful meat. An intense version of beef, but not "gamey" like some meats.





Peppers and Brats

Ingredients
1 pkg brats
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1/2 onion

Turn the grill on medium. Slice peppers and onion. Place inside a large piece of foil and wrap tightly. Set on the grill. Cook your brats on the grill too. Follow the directions for the brats according to their package, it can vary so much. The peppers and onions will need to cook for 10 - 15 minutes, depending on if you like the peppers a little crunchy or not.

Remove brats and veggies from the grill. If you're eating it on a bun, place your brat in the bun and top with the veggies. If you're going for the low-carb option, slice the brat and top with the veggies. Either way, you will be happy for this food marriage!




Warmly, 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment