Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fresh Guacamole!


I am so excited! I finally got the nerve up to make homemade Tamales! I am working on therm as we speak...errr as I type! So as a wonderful encore to that success of taking the plunge, I am sharing with you the wonderful world of green! One of my all time favorite snack foods, EVER! Guacamole! This is super simple and super healthy! It is so delicious that you might not think that it's healthy, but the fat in the avocado actually breaks down the unhealthy fat in your body...I mean how fabulous is that! Just keep the salt and junk out of your gauc...and make it fresh people...there really is no other way! My kids eat the stuff...they would eat it every day...they request it! And it is so versatile, it's not just for tortilla chips, you know! Ok, well I gotta go, I have tamales to make! 







Guacamole


Ingredients
4 ish avocados, mashed (depends on how many people you're going to share with!)
2 roma or a couple handfuls of grape tomatoes, chopped
1/4 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
squirt of lemon juice

Add all of the ingredients together in a bowl, mix it around and enjoy! Adjust individual ingredients to your liking...See, super easy! Or if you made my Salsa here, then you can just add a couple of spoonfuls of that to the mashed avocado!

Serving suggestions: 1/2 an avocado per person

Warmly,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment