Friday, June 3, 2011

Famous McCoy Pizza


I can cook and I guess I take for granted that I come from a home in which my mother made all of our meals, every day, even a hot breakfast. I have friends that rave over the simplest of foods that I make. Like homemade pizza! Ever since I was a little girl, my family made homemade pizza. It was one of our favorite treats. Everyone pitches in to make it. My mom, my dad and even my three brothers will make it. You can guarantee that when we are lucky to have us all together, pizza will be made!

This one is mine and the kid’s favorite toppings, but next I’ll do our second fave and the story behind it…buffalo chicken pizza.

For all of you who have been waiting years for this recipe (Monica, have you been waiting 7 or 8 years for this?), here it is…in all of its simplistic wonderfulness!

Oh and one more thing. I do use a package mix for the crust. I am on a mission though for the best recipe for homemade crust, I will keep you updated!


Look at that sweet little Princess hand meticulously placing each pepperoni...just like her momma!



Famous McCoy Pizza



Ingredients

 1 Pkg pizza dough (I use Betty Crocker. Yes, I really do!)

1 tsp Italian seasoning

1 T olive oil



Toppings (whatever you choose)

½ lb ground beef

¼ cup diced onion

3 garlic cloves, minced

½ c tomato sauce

1 pkg Pepperoni

½ cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese



In a small bowl or measuring cup add pizza dough pkg and mix in Italian seasoning. Add the water as directed on the package. Follow the directions on the package. I usually mix well, but not too much, pour the oil over the dough ball, cover with a kitchen towel, place on the stove and turn the oven on to 450. Let the dough sit for about 10 minutes.

Brown the beef on a skillet add the onion and the garlic the last few minutes of the beef cooking. 


Oil the pizza pan with olive oil and spread the pizza dough on the pan. Drizzle or brush more olive oil around the edge of the crust. Place the crust in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and start topping. Add the sauce, I usually sprinkle a little more Italian seasoning on the sauce, sometimes I sprinkle caraway seed over the sauce too. Next the pepperoni, topped with the beef and mushrooms. I add the mozzarella cheese first then the cheddar because I like the way the cheddar looks golden on the cooked pizza. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

Slice and love!



Warmly, 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment