Friday, June 10, 2011

Good Morning Sunshine Blueberry Pancakes!



Good Morning Sunshine! Hi my name is Mary and I am a morning person! Yes, one of those annoying, wake up with a smile and wants to have a conversation with you morning people! I get excited with the new day and what it will bring! What’s not to look forward too? There is a new adventure behind every sunrise and I can’t wait to see what it is and how much I can get done in one day! Yes, annoying…so, I’ve heard! But I personally love it! I can be dressed and out of the door ready to explore the world before anything is open. So, I have to slow down and make breakfast instead.

If you have read my post about my amazing Very Merry Blueberry Muffins, then you know my obsession with muffins. But it’s not just that I love the muffins, I love blueberries too! Very much! I also love to cooking, if you haven’t noticed. So, I am more than happy to fix a hot breakfast for my family any day of the week! I mean, my kids wake up at the crack of dawn, so what else are we going to do before the rest of the world wakes up? Most times, my kids will put their aprons on too and we get to cooking together!

If the pictures don’t make you want to run out and grab some blueberries today then there is seriously something wrong with you!

These pancakes are perfectly fluffy and sweet! Thank you good Lord for creating the magnificent blueberry!








Perfect Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients
1 ½ c flour
1 Tbl sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 c milk
1 egg
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 Tbl butter, melted and cooled to room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 c fresh blueberries

Melt the butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds then let it sit. In a small mixing bowl combine the milk and lemon juice and let it hang out. In a second mixing bowl combine the first 4 ingredients. Now add the egg, butter and vanilla to the egg mixture, mix things up very very well. Now add the milk mixture too the dry ingredients and just give it a couple stirs. Fold in the fresh blueberries. Heat the skillet on medium and add about a tsp of oil or non-stick spray. I use a small cookie scoop to measure the pancake batter and ladle onto the hot skillet. Cook until golden and then flip and do the same on the other side. I usually have to turn the skillet down after the second or third batch or it gets too hot.

Serve up with butter and some real maple syrup and be happy for a new morning!


Happy Day! Enjoy!

Warmly, 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment