Friday, September 2, 2011

Easy as Chocolate Creme Pie



So, I am beginning to feel the guilt of the neglectful mother! I know that the last couple of months have been lacking on the fabulous food posts! But I have great reasons why...I have been super duper busy! My MOPs (mother's of preschoolers) year is just beginning and I am a coordinator, so tons of planning and prep goes into that, all of my traveling (as you know), tons of cupcake orders, a Princess' first day of preschool, a Warrior's second year of preschool, soccer practice, playing doll house, races and my new obsession...making aprons. So see, I got lots going on! But I hope that you will forgive me when you try this simply delicious dessert!



So, I had some friends over the other night...very last minute. One of them has been know to say that I am "gifted" in dessert! Ha, He's right! And I couldn't let them down...I didn't have time for some "work of art" but when you're known for your talents you can't just pull out a box of oreo's and store bought ice cream! Ok, sure you can but I didn't want to! So, what do I have on hand...hmmm...pudding...Ok, great, I'll make chocolate creme pie! Oh, but no graham crackers...oh, but I do have chocolate animal crackers....which actually ended up being very fabulous crust, if I do say so myself! So there you have it, add some cool whip and mini chocolate chip and voila...dessert!

Oh and to make it even better! I used sugar free and fat free ingredients! FUN!


Chocolate Creme Pie
Ingredients
4 cups Chocolate Animal Crackers (before their crushed)
1/3 cup sugar
6 Tbl butter, melted
2 small pkg chocolate pudding (I used sugar free)
1 8oz container cool whip, thawed (I used lite)
2 cups milk (I used skim)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

I put the animal crackers in the food processor to crush them, you do what works best for you. Add the sugar and butter to the crushed chocolate crackers...cookies whatever you want to call them, mix well.  Press them into a pie pan and bake at 350 for 6 minutes. Cool.
Beat the milk and puddings together. Fold in 1/2 the cool whip and 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips.  Pour into the cooled chocolate cookie crust. Spoon over the remaining cool whip and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Chill for 2 hrs.

Enjoy, kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment