Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte's for 2

 
Guess what today is...National Coffee Day! I know, crazy huh! Coffee has it's own day. Have you always been a coffee lover? Not me. I have always loved the aroma of coffee beans. But my desire for the rich, bold, hot drink is fairly new. But now, there is something perfect about sitting with someone I love spending time with and chatting over a nice steamy cup of joe!
This recipe is going to make 4 (normal size) cups of Pumpkin Latte or 2 big mugs full! Oh, and I know that the recipe won't use the full 15oz can of pumpkin, and there's a reason for that. Save it for tomorrow's post! Pumpkin Scones with Maple Glaze! You're gonna go crazy over the combo! Pumpkin lattes and pumpkin scones! Amazing!

Creamy, spicy pumpkin lattes for today! And sweet soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside pumpkin scones tomorrow!


Pumpkin Spice Latte (make 4 servings)
Ingredients
4 cups freshly brewed hot coffee
3 cups almond milk (or you could use regular milk)
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (1/2 cup if you like it sweeter)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
Whipped cream (optional)

In a small saucepan over medium heat whisk milk and pumpkin purée. Heat until it begins to steam. Whisk in pure maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
Pour 1 cup of coffee in your favorite mug, top with 1 cup of the pumpkin milk. Add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with a little bit more cinnamon!


Enjoy!

Warmly,
Mary

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious. I would have never thought of saving myself $5 from starbucks and making something like this myself.

    ReplyDelete