Monday, August 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Reese's



Sitting by the lake, swimming at the pool, running through the sprinkler, long walks, bike rides, afternoons at the park, baseball in the yard with the kids, sidewalk chalk, cook-outs with friends and homemade ice cream! I love summer. When it's 110 with 95% humidity, you won't catch me complaining. Yes, hot chocolate, snuggling on the sofa watching movies, building snowmen and sledding are all nice, but personally, nothing beats summer! Ever since I was a tiny little girl barely toddling around, I remember our family making homemade ice cream. We made it at my Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's House and at my Grandma McCoy's House. Especially on the fourth of July! I remember my dad sitting there for an hour turning the hand help crank. Luckily for me, now I have n electric ice cream machine! My dad grew up making homemade ice cream, I grew up making homemade ice cream and now my kids are getting to enjoy homemade ice cream! It's my family's favorite summertime treat! It is rich, cream and worth the extra effort!

Peanut Butter Ice Cream


Ingredients
1 1/3 cups smooth peanut butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
6 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped (I used the holiday ones...they are just so much better than the regular!)

In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter and sugar. Add milk and beat until smooth. Add cream and vanilla and mix until well combined.

Freeze in the ice cream maker according to the directions. When he ice cream is done, stir in the peanut butter cups and spoon ice cream into a freezable container. Freeze for a couple hours or eat!
If you haven't made ice cream before, I'll let you know that it's more like soft serve when it's done in the ice cream maker but will harden up in the freezer.


Enjoy the Goodness!

Warmly,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment