Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pear Walnut Arugula Salad


What can I say, I don't have a clever story as to how I came up with this recipe or why I made it. It is tasty, all the elements of a great salad. Sweet, nutty, crunchy, tangy! Minimal effort! So, no salad story but I can tell you that I went to the Broadway production of  Jersey Boys, The story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, which by the way was as great as I expected it to be! And thus the reason why I don't have a funny story for you! I can't get those songs out of my head! Did you grow up on that music? My parents were teens in the late 60's and early 70's so my whole childhood was growing up listening to music from that era. I can sing more songs from Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, The Isley Brothers and the Rolling Stones, than the music of the 80's! Just know that as I write and cook and bake these next few days I'll be signing "Beggin", "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", "My Eyes Adored You", and "Working My Way Back to You"! Oh and I've been singing so much around the house that the Warrior thinks "Walk Like A Man" was a song about him and the Princess is singing "Big Girls Don't Cry"! Good times! Life's too short not to sing and dance your way through it!


Pear Walnut Arugula Salad
Ingredients
4 - 6 cups Arugula
1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
1 Bartlett or Anjou Pear, cut in chunks
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 Tbl Grapeseed Oil (or olive oil)
1 Tbl Lemon Juice
1 Tbl Honey

Whisk oil, honey and lemon juice.  In a bowl add washed Arugula and toss with the dressing.  Top with pears, walnuts and parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

Warmly,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment