Saturday, May 28, 2011

Semi-homemade Hamburger Buns


OK! Stop calling me and messaging me about my BUNS! Just kidding, you can always call or message me. But ask no more! These are the perfect buns to go with your hamburgers or BBQ sandwiches this weekend.

When it comes to hamburger buns, I'll admit that I cheat. There are just 4 of us and even though Superman can usually knock out 2 burgers or BBQ sandwiches at a time that still leaves us with leftover buns. I could go through all the trouble of making them homemade, but I’m not there yet. So instead I buy a big bag of frozen dinner rolls and take out how many I need for that one meal. Then we have FRESH baked buns, no leftover unwanted bread and we always have it on hand!

Semi-homemade Hamburger Buns

Ingredients
any number of frozen dinner rolls (I use Rhodes, there’s 36 in a bag)
2 Tbls butter, melted (this is the amount I use for 6 buns)
Seasame seeds
Garlic powder
Dried minced onion

Place desired number of frozen rolls on the lightly greased or buttered pie plate. I wouldn't put more than 6 or 7 on one pan though, they really grow. Cover with a clean dish towel and let them hang out in a warm place for 5 hours.  




Preheat the oven to 350. Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, garlic powder and minced onion. Bake for about 20 minutes. 

I didn't use sesame seeds this time...but we usually do!


Don't they look Yummy!

You can make 2 or you can 20! It’s perfect! And they are tasty! You can top them with whatever you like! So easy!
 

Warmly, 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment