Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's Grillin' Time and National Burger Day


I'm not kidding...it really is National Burger Day! And I am more than happy to celebrate! After all, I was born into a well known cattle ranching family in Nebraska! Beef...it's what's for lunch today!

There are endless ways to make delicious burgers. Here's an easy one that you can't go wrong with. Plus with memorial weekend here...it's time to fire up that grill!
 


 Super Easy Burgers

1lb ground beef (I used 93/7, a lot of people insist that you need more fat...mine are always juicy)
½ packet dried onion soup (I use Lipton)
1 c cheddar cheese



Fire up the grill on high and let it get good and hot. Mix all three ingredients together. Form into equal patties. I measure out 3 oz patties. And they fit perfectly on my Semi-homemade Hamburger Buns. Place them on the HOT grill. Turn the grill down to med-low and close the lid. Hang tight…don’t go too far, they’ll be done in a few minutes. Close the lid and cook for about 4 – 5 minutes then flip them. Cook them for another 4 – 5 minutes with the lid closed. Depending on how you like them, you can adjust the time. I like mine nice and juicy but cooked all the way through.




This time I opted for jalapenos, salsa  and guacamole. Put your favorite toppings on and savor each bite! 




Happy Burger Day!


Warmly,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment