Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Creamy Ditalini Pasta



I am heading out of town again and this time I didn't have time to plan posts while I was gone, so I was going to leave you with NOTHING! But I figured that would not be good at all! I am mean, how can I do that to my people? (smile) I didn't have a lot of time to get a post together, and most of my recipes are scratched down on a random pieces of paper. I really didn't have time to type up a recipes and a story to go along with it and find the pictures and try to edit...Then I got an email. An email from a friend requesting a recipe for a fabulous salad that I made last summer! A whole year before I even thought about a blog! The pictures are anything put professional but the salad will sure make up for it! I kid you not, I probably have received 20 or more requests for this salad, and you get it without even asking! Yay for you! Have fun!


Creamy Ditalini Pasta
Ingredients

1 lb pkg Ditalini or ring shaped pasta
2 cups Shredded Cabbage
1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
1 large or 2 small cucumbers, seeded and diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar

Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and cool the pasta. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar until smooth. Place the pasta, cabbage, onions, peppers and cucumber in a serving bowl. Pour the dressing over it and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
To make ahead of time, mix all ingredients, but do not add dressing to salad mix. Store for up to 24 hours, add dressing two before serving. 



Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Warmly, 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment