Saturday, July 23, 2011

Stuffed Shrooms





You are a lucky today! I have a feature post today! My brother will be cooking for you today! Well, one of my little brothers. I have 3 brothers. One handsome older brother and two handsome younger brothers. I’m the queen bee right smack in the middle of these awesome guys! Yes, I do love them! They are amazing! Anyway, back to David…the middle child. Well, technically I am a middle child too, but I guess since I’m the only girl the queen, he’s more of a middle child. And my parents so didn’t him to feel left out like some middle children, that he was totally spoiled!

Seriously though David is a great guy. He’s pretty laid back but is a jokester. The princess and the warrior absolutely adore him and his wife, who is expecting their first child later this summer! He as with all three of my brothers, has served our great country in the Army and has some very ambitious plans for his future! But that’s not why he’s here today. He’s here because he can COOK! He likes to take the norm and totally kick it up one or two or ten notches! Like his pizza…he does an amazing kicked up Buffalo Chicken Pizza. I am always flattered when he calls me to get my opinion on how to make something and then he goes and makes it totally his own creation.  


I was so excited that he agreed to cook for you. David and his wife live a few hours away and we went down to visit a few weeks ago. Since they live in a really fun city, my mom and I spent the day out on the town and I told David that I would be back at 5 to take pictures of his cooking...ummm…ya we got back at about 6:15. But the responsible adults still at the house took the pictures for me! YAY! Thank you responsible adults for the pictures! Problem is, I never got the pictures from Superman's camera and now he's out of town.

Today he’s making Stuffed Mushrooms and holy Cow they were amazing! You have to run out right now and get some portabella mushrooms to make these. The mushrooms are so juicy and meaty, almost beefy and the creamy filling inside is very flavorful!



Stuffed Shrooms

Ingredients:
Mushrooms (2 large mushroom caps, or 6-8 large baby bella mushrooms)
4-5 Strips of bacon
1 small package of cream cheese
1 Tbl of minced garlic
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp onion powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Parmesan cheese
Italian salad spritzer (in the dressing section of the store)
Preheat the oven to 400.
Chop the bacon, sauté garlic (optional). If your mushrooms still have stems, carefully remove them and chop them to your desired consistency (I prefer finer). Combine bacon, garlic, pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper, mix then add the cream cheese. I only use about ¾ of the cream cheese (you can save the rest for your bagel in the morning).
Clean off the mushrooms, (I prefer to rinse them off, and then pat dry, though some say you should just wipe clean with a wet cloth). Fill the mushrooms with the cream cheese mix. I find it easiest to spoon the mix into the corner of a zip-lock type bag and cut the tip of the bag (on the corner) and squeeze the mix into the mushroom caps.
Spray a baking sheet with whichever cooking spray you like to use. Sprinkle Parmesan on a small plate. Now use the salad spritzer on the bottom of the shroom caps, this wets the caps while adding a little something, while spritzer is still fresh on the cap roll the cap in the Parmesan cheese. Place on baking sheet and place in oven. Let cook for 20 minutes or until sizzles and juice forms at the bottom of the caps.
Thank you, brother for sharing your awesome recipe! They were super tasty and I can't wait to make them! 
Enjoy, people!

Warmly, 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment