Thursday, July 28, 2011

Feta Cucumber Tomato Salad



I am so excited about this salad! It totally made my day! I already had another post scheduled for today, but when I made this salad yesterday and tasted it, I fell in love! Sorry, Super Kicked-up Chex Mix, your debut will have to wait!  I seriously want to eat this salad every day for the rest of summer! It is so healthy and flavorful! I served mine up with a tall glass of ginger iced tea! This salad is all things summer! I can not pinpoint one flavor that stood out to me, but the combination of all the fresh and bright ingredients together brought a sweet crunchy freshness! It actually tasted like there was a sweet dressing was on top, but there is nothing sweet in it. This is such a very healthy salad. I can't wait to make it again!  Have a try for yourself!



Feta Cucumber Tomato Salad

Ingredients
1 large cucumber (or 3 baby cucumbers, like I use)
1 heaping cup of grape totmatoes
3 green onions
1/2 cup basil leaves
1 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 Tbl grapeseed oil or olive oil
1 Tbl fresh lemon juice

Thinly slice the cucumber. If the skin of the cucumber is thick, you may want to peel it too. Halve the grape tomatoes. Slice the green onions on a diagonal, don't be afraid to use the WHOLE thing people (greens and whites)! Now toss all the ingredients in a bowl until it is mixed well and the veggies are evenly coated with oil and lemon juice.

Serve and smile! You can be proud of this Super Healthy Dish!



Happy Summer!

Warmly,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment