Monday, January 2, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip


Did I ever proclaim my love for football to you? Particularly Big Red Football...Nebraska Football! Really any football will do, but nothing compares to the love and dedication of the team that you've been watching since you were a tiny little girl. I have 3 brothers and my dad and I remember many days growing up with the game on. And if you're not from Nebraska then I don't think you'd understand, but to be honest, that's about all we have here. There are no pro-teams, so we put all our time and energy and enthusiasm in backing up the legacy that we have in the Huskers! And if you've never been to a game...oh, you're missing out! Even if you're not a fan of football...it's an experience! Over 100,000 people downtown wearing red. The sea of RED! Nearly 90,000 fans in the stadium! We've had more consecutive sell outs than any other team. Friends of ours who played college ball for Michigan, Virginia Tech, and Colorado have all said that there is nothing like playing at Memorial Stadium, even as the opposing team! I have to agree...it's quite the experience. Did I tell you that in my Senior Book from High school I was named as "most likely to marry an NFL player". I kid you not! I just ran across that book the other day! Funny! Anyway, our season is over but there's still a little NFL action going on and to gear up for the Super Bowl I'm going to share with you some of our favorite Football Snacks, first up Buffalo Chicken Dip.


BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded or chopped
1 pkg cream cheese
1 8 oz pkg sour cream
1 5oz pkg blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup hot sauce, I use Franks
1/2 cup ranch dressing
4 green onions, sliced

Dump everything into a crock pot or slow cooker and set to low. Stir every once in a while to get things all happy together. Once it's hot, it's ready!

Serve with tortilla chips and Enjoy!

Warmly,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment